Roqqett Checkout is the 2nd product of the Roqqett Range to create a seamless one-tap journey to checkout.
Roqqett Checkout is more than a payment option. It's the complete express checkout journey for your customers, packed with additional benefits to boost loyalty and sales.
It will offer customers the ability to complete their order with pre-saved details to spare them time in their future checkout journeys, along with digital receipts and parcel tracking.
The process of initiating and completing a Roqqett Checkout payment consists of these steps:
The consumer goes to their cart (aka basket) summary page and you present the Roqqett checkout button. The consumer then clicks the Roqqett button which initiates the checkout session and is navigated to a Roqqett-hosted page.
NB: The Roqqett button opens a full screen overlay that encapsulates the payment journey and prevent the users from editing their basket on your site.
These customisable steps of the journey are where, if you require, the consumer confirms their shipping information and shipping method for the order. By capturing this information, Roqqett Checkout allows you to offer a fast checkout option to your consumer earlier in their checkout process.
The consumer can use our address finder service to easily and quickly find their address and Roqqett Checkout can present your pre-formatted shipping options - fixed or dynamic - to consumer or not at all - in the case where no shipping is required.
NB: The first time your consumer uses Roqqett Checkout they will need to provide their information, however thereafter this information is securely stored for fast checkout.
This is the core part of the payment flow where the user must select a bank (if saved bank not right), navigate to and authenticate with their bank, and ultimately authorise the payment. This flow can take place either in the Roqqett App or in a Roqqett supported browser.
NB: If payment starts on a desktop browser, then user is offered several options to complete the journey; either stay on desktop or preferably on a device where they banking app is install. For the latter, a QR code, link via SMS, or push notification (app only) are offered to transfer the consumer onto their mobile device for the faster journey that integrates seamlessly with their banking app(s).
If the consumer authorises the payment, they are navigated back to Roqqett, which then displays the Dynamic receipt and informs your site, via webhook, of the successful payment.
If the consumer cancels the payment, they are navigated back to Roqqett, which gives the user the option to retry the payment with a different bank or return to your site. If they select the latter, Roqqett informs your site, via webhook, that the payment was cancelled.
Go here to see how this compares to the Roqqett Pay that is best when using Roqqett to only take payment.
Set up guide
- Ensure you have registered and have API keys.
- Ensure your Organisation settings are configured correctly in the Roqqett portal.
- Ensure you understand the payment flow - this page provides some additional detail.
- Name - this is free text but will be used in payments table to identify payments
- Default return URL - (important) the URL where we should send the consumer after successful payment - this is typically the order confirmation page of your eCommerce store.
- Webhook URL - (important) the URL of the endpoint where Roqqett should send payment Webhooks. If using a plugin, this URL will be displayed on setting screen.
- Collect user details - tick this
- Test Mode - If selected, this checkout will be able to process test payments (as well as real payments).
Press next and then if your products require delivery, tick Shipping. In the options that show tick either:
- Fixed - to set up a fixed shipping price for all orders and addresses; or
- Dynamic - to provide the API endpoint where Roqqett can retrieve calculate shipping costs for a particular cart and address.
- Checkout - the ID of the checkout created in previous step - and
- API secret - the secret you created when setting up your API Authentication
Once you have confirmed, follow the appropriate instructions for the integration type you are implementing.
If you require dynamic shipping, ie shipping rates that are calculated at the point of checkout depending on the order's contents and the shipping address - then you have to provide the endpoint where Roqqett integrate to retrieve the rates during the checkout.
Once you have integrated the last thing to do before going completely live, is to make some test mode payments and some small denomination payments on your site and check they flow through your portal and bank account to ensure everything is in order. The Roqqett crew will be there to help you through any testing and service assurance activities.
Production environment only
Currently there is not a test environment, so please exercise care when testing.
We are working hard to release a test environment soon, so watch out for comms on developments.
Roqqett has extensively tested the bank integration and payment flows. We recommend testing your deployment with a small payment amount to check everything is working as expected.
Any questions? Ask us via chat here (bottom right) or on our help center.
Updated 4 months ago